Sunday 8 September 2013

I Own It! : Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Hello lovelies!

Another 'I Own It' post from my previous reviews from samples I have received while on my travels.

I have been treating myself a lot recently because of my recent good luck but this happened to be a gift from my boyfriend. After getting an email from The Fragrance Shop regarding a 'happy hour' where there would be 20% off everything online. I suggested to my boyfriend to purchase something for my birthday/Christmas while the perfumes were going cheap. But he was very kind and told me he would buy it as a special gift.

So I asked for Lancome La Vie Est Belle because it was one of my favourite samples I had picked up on my shopping trips. After realising that this perfume is not one of the cheapest on the market, it was worth picking up while it had 20% off. This meant it could be purchased for £46 rather than £57.50. Since we are moving into the colder months, Eau De Parfum's are my desired fragrances of choice as they last ages and they won't become unbearable with the heat.

The thing that drew me to this perfume the most was its sweet scent. My summer fragrance of choice had been Prada Candy L'Eau and I wanted something equally as sweet but slightly stronger. This fitted the bill. 






One of the most attractive things of this perfume is the bottle. It is very simple yet very attractive (I apologise for the rubbish picture). I love that the bottom half of the bottle is glass as it looks modern yet classic. Some could argue it is a waste of 'packaging' (like my boyfriend) but a pretty bottle is a deal clincher for me.

On me, the fragrances most prominent is the initial scent of blackcurrant and then the base of praline and patchouli. I think I can also pick up the orange blossom scent because although I do not know it at the time, most of the fragrances I own contain notes of orange blossom.

Another interesting thing about this product is that the box actually has Braille on the side. It is quite nice to see that Lancome are catering for a wider audience.

I love this fragrance and that is why I own it. It may not be a scent for everyone but if you are a fan of Lancome fragrances, this may be for you.

See my other review here


7 comments:

  1. What a sweet gift from him xx

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sweet of your boyfriend to get this for you! :) I've been curious about this perfume. I keep seeing the Julia Roberts commercial on tv. I'll have to remember to smell it next time I'm at the mall. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do smell it on your travels, it is very lovely :) x

      Delete
  3. Bottles are always one of the best things about perfumes - and they're pretty much the only thing you can judge on blogs when you can't smell them :) love the little ribbon!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, without smelling, a bottle is the only way you can judge a perfume :) x

      Delete
  4. I ahve a sample of this and really like it - pretty bottle! great offer too. xx

    ReplyDelete