Friday 26 July 2013

Vera Wang 'Be Jeweled' EDP Review

Hello lovelies,

Another little fragrance post from the few fragrances I picked up the other day. This time it's a fragrance I feel has been under-advertised and I have heard very little about it. This is Be Jewled by Vera Wang. This is an Eau de Parfum so I expected this to last quite a long while. I really had no idea what to expect otherwise apart from a 'fruity floral' fragrance.


The card describes the fragrance as 'Sparkling. Glamorous. Spirited. A radiant fruity floral that sparkles inside and out.' 



I won't beat around the bush, this is not my kind of fragrance. Fruity floral's give me a bit of a headache for some reason so I find this hard to like. The most prominent scents coming through to me are passion fruit, red current, pink peony, musk and sandalwood.   This is all a bit much for me as the fruit is over-powering with hints of peony and musk supporting the fruity scent. For some reason, this scent overwhelmingly reminds me of a fragrance I used to own called 'Live Luxe' by Jennifer Lopez. Again, it was an over-powering scent that gave me a headache and I ended up giving the bottle to my Mum who would get more use out of it than I would.

One thing I have noticed about Vera Wang fragrances is their bottles. Considering Vera Wang is a designer, her perfume bottles verge on being quite young. With the ' Pink Princess' fragrance having glitter laden bottle which looks like it would be desired by children, 'Be Jeweled' looks slightly more up-market with its angled-cut glass and jeweled neck. However, this Vera Wang bottle still does not ooze as much class as I had hoped and looks more like something Britney Spears or Jennifer Lopez would release their fragrances in.

Would I purchase this scent? Quite simply, no. This fragrance is too much for me and the fact it gives me a bit of a headache wearing it means I could not purchase this. This is not to say it is not a great fragrance on others. My Grandma also received a sample of this and it smelled much more subtle on her than me and quite acceptable. So it is a matter of trying these fragrances out.

If you do like this, possibly try out Jennifer Lopez's 'Live Luxe'. To me, it smells similar and is far cheaper (if it's still available). However, I cannot stress enough, different notes are more prominent on different people.

Have you tried 'Be Jeweled'? Do you love it or hate it?


No comments:

Post a Comment