Tuesday 11 June 2013

OPI The Color of Minnie and OPI Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It

After receiving my package from Fragrance Direct (see previous post) I was desperate to try out the two nail polishes from O.P.I I had received in my order. They were Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It and The Color of Minnie. These complete my collection for the Vintage Minnie Mouse Collection from Summer 2012. This is the only whole O.P.I collection I have collected (mainly because I love all the colours of this one) and to buy the whole collection from Fragrance Direct would cost you £16 + P&P for full size bottles.

O.P.I 'The Color of Minnie'

First I painted my nails with 'The Color of Minnie'. This is a red polish with blue undertones. It has a slight shimmer to it so it is not a creme. The coverage of this is great. It is highly pigmented and in the above picture I am wearing two coats. The consistency is not too thick or runny and glides onto the nail with ease. This is a must-have red for any collection as it feels ultra feminine and very 'Minnie'!

O.P.I 'Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It' over 'The Color
of Minnie'

As I was desperate to try 'Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It', I decided to layer this over 'The Color of Minnie'. Now this was the controversial polish where a lot of people found it difficult to get the hearts on the brush. I found by following the advise I has seen online, turning the bottle upside down for a while really did the trick. Most times I did this I had about three on the brush! Every time I spotted a heart, I quickly dolloped it on my nail and brushed the polish on as normal.

'Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It' is a fine glitter polish with orange and purple flecks.This looked beautiful on top of 'The Color of Minnie' making it look hot pink from some angles. To me, the combination looks like 'I'm All Ears' which is possibly my favourite from the collection. This is a high maintenance nail polish if you want the little hearts on your nails. However, without the hearts it would purely be a top coat and would not have the same selling power as this does not look very impressive as a stand alone polish.

Do you like last years Minnie Mouse collection? What's your favourite of the collection?

xxxx

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow how pretty are these together, and the names are adorable :D I only own one OPI nail polish, I don't know why as they have such gorgeous shades xx

    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the shades and names too. I like the name 'If you Moust, You Moust' most out of this collection :) x

      Delete
  2. They are both lovely, I definitely wanna try nothin' mousie 'bout it! That looks so different :)

    frecklesandflawsbeautyblog

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth giving it a go if you can get your hands on it. It's much prettier in real life than in the photos :) x

      Delete
  3. They look like such a good combination!

    Zoe // The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two are really cute polishes, and I love the combination! Those hearts are a pain-in-the-butt to get out, no doubt about it, but the result is worth it. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is :) although I wouldn't put a heart too near the tip of my nail again as I always catch a glimpse of it and think I've chipped my polish haha x

      Delete
  5. That is such a beautiful polish color!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww love the heart topcoat, looks great against the red polish :) x

    ReplyDelete