Wednesday 19 June 2013

Essie 'Neo Whimsical'

This is another polish from the Fragrance Direct haul. I have noticed that so far on my blog, I have only really posted about O.P.I and Rimmel. Well I want to change that and hence I decided to put something different on my nails recently and try Essie's 'Neo Whimsical' which can be purchased for £1.99 online. Usually, I do not tend to wear nude colours as I get far more excited about bright colours. But as my Mum had bought this, I thought I would try it out.

In the bottle, it looks like a dingy, milky pink. I was not too excited about trying it. However, the swatches online looked a lot better. As you know, sometimes the colour in the bottle is not what always relays on the nail so I decided to give it a go.

Essie 'Neo Whimsical'

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I expected the formula to be really runny and thin but it was not. One coat was translucent and a bit streaky but after the second coat it became opaque and beautiful. The picture above is three coats. Application was smooth and evens out when it dries.

The colour of this is more pink/lilac than I expected. It certainly didn't look murky like it did in the bottle. This would be a good base for a French manicure. The best thing I can liken it to from my collection is Nails Inc Elizabeth Street but slightly more toned down. It is definitely worth buying this over Elizabeth Street!

I would certainly recommend this to others. It would be good for people in a professional working environment or those that want to try nail polishes that are not too 'daring'.

Do you own 'Neo Whimsical'? Do you think it is a great understated colour?

xxxx

11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty color, and a great deal!!

    xoxo
    -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Essie can be so expensive on the high street x

      Delete
  2. Ooh! Pretty!! That would be a good color to wear if you had to go to a wedding too...nice and light, but feminine.

    I've had some trouble with the light pink Essie shade I got recently...it was super streaky. I guess the formula in this one is much better. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the Essie's can be streaky. I bought two at Xmas and felt I made a mistake after 'Bikini So Teeny' was bald and streaky. However 'Tour De Finance' changed my mind.

      I feel this would be the shade I would want to wear to my wedding :) x

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous colour! This looks like the perfect polish to layer with different glitter top coats! xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, especially with a silver glitter :) x

      Delete
  4. Lovely shade. For £1.99 I may have to get this! :)

    Ria x
    NatuRiaBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie is a really good brand with most of their products so I definitely recommend this for £1.99 x

      Delete
  5. This is so pretty - lovely and soft! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - it's even more beautiful in person :) x

      Delete
  6. It's a pretty color, but I agree with you about liking bolder picks :)

    ReplyDelete